Has your husband complained of a burning sensation over his chest after each meal? Has he observed that the feeling of discomfort is worse after consuming soft drinks or spicy food? Lately, has his complaints become more frequent? He could be suffering from acid reflux.
What is acid reflux?
What makes the LES Faulty
- Heartburn (a warm or burning sensation that spreads from the stomach upwards to the chest or throat)
- Regurgitation (happens when swallowed food goes back into the mouth)
- Hoarseness (caused by acid irritating the throat)
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
Common signs and symptoms
- Heavy meals
- Bending forward or lying down after a meal
- Peptic ulcers
How do you treat acid reflux?
- Wearing loose clothes
- Not lying down for three hours after meals
- Using more pillows when sleeping
- Raising the head of your bed before lying down.
Did you know?
- 73% of people will suffer from both heartburn and indigestion. interchangeably
- 1 in 5 people suffering from heartburn may experience symptoms every week.